The Huntington County Community Foundation, a longtime supporter of education in the Huntington community, has awarded several Classroom Education Grants. Recipients include:
• Brett Boxell has been awarded $250 for the purchase of sturdy book pouches.
• Mary Gradeless and Diana Sowers have been awarded $493 to be used toward project based learning reading materials.
Riverview Middle School
• Jim Court has been awarded $120 to be used for the band.
• Danielle Ellenburg has been awarded $120 to be used for the choir.
• Brandi Cross has been awarded $216 to teach economics in 6th grade social studies.
• Christina Morris has been awarded $240 to be used in 6th grade science.
• Marta Waldfogel has been awarded $241 to be used in the school's single gender classes.
• Cari Whicker has been awarded $239 to purchase Lego kits for the school's single gender classes.