The Warren Town Council made quick work of a short agenda during its monthly meeting on Monday, Dec. 17.
The council agreed to appropriate $2,000 in CEDIT Funds to Historic Warren's Indiana Main Street Program for operational costs.
The transfer requires a quarterly finance report to council and an approved policy for expenditures.
The council was also commended for its receipt of a $5,000 Facade Improvement Grant.
In other business:
• The council adopted two ordinances, incorporating amendments to zoning ordinance as requested by the Department of Community Development.
• A resolution was approved to allow transfers between appropriations in the 2012 budget to cover negative balances.
• The council approved a contract with the Huntington County United Economic Development for 2013 in the amount of $3,700.
• Approval was granted to pay 2013 dues to the Indiana Association of Cities and Towns in the amount of $1,080.47.
• Fire Chief Lee Poulson was authorized to receive bids for the upgrade to the interior of the Fire Station.
• It was reported that trash containers built by Connor Sabinski as a requirement for an Eagle Scout badge have been completed.
The trash cans have been placed in Tower Park.
• Historic Warren was commended for the planning and the success of the Holiday Walk of Trees.
Plans are under way for the 2013 version.