Two local Questa scholars graduate

Questa Education Foundation has announced the 2020 spring graduating class, including Huntington County scholars Ian Kissell and Carly Snyder.

Kissell graduated from Purdue Fort Wayne, majoring in mechanical engineering/biomedical. Snyder graduated from Huntington University with a degree in nursing.

The 2020 graduating class includes 71 students from Adams, Allen, De-Kalb, Huntington, Kosc-iusko, Noble, Steuben, Wabash and Whitley counties. These Questa Scholars have received their associate’s, bachelor’s or master’s degrees in various fields including special education licensure, biomedical engineering, criminal justice, computer science, graphic design, industrial technology and various medical fields, among others.

Questa Scholars receive low-interest forgivable loans that are up to 50 percent forgivable if they live and work in northeast Indiana for five years following graduation. An additional 25 percent of the total loan is paid back when they attend and graduate from one of Questa’s regional partner institutions. In many cases, scholars are graduating with 75 percent of their Questa loan forgiven.