- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Red Cross announces pair of blood drives
Monday, August 26, 2013 7:39 AM
The American Red Cross of Huntington County announces upcoming blood drives.
• Sept. 9 - A blood drive will be held at Evangelical United Methodist Church, in the main room, from 1 to 6:30 p.m. The church is located at 1000 Flaxmill Rd., Huntington.
• Sept. 11 - From 11 a.m. to 5 p.m., a blood drive will be held at Huntington University, in the dining hall. Donors will be entered into a drawing for a $50 shopping spree.
The college is located at 2303 College Ave., Huntington.
Call 800-733-2767 or visit redcrossblood.org to make an appointment or for more information.
All blood types are needed to ensure a reliable supply for patients.
A blood donor card, driver's license or two other forms of identification are required at check-in.
Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental consent in some states), weigh at least 110 pounds and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
High school students and other donors 18 years of age and younger also have to meet certain height and weight requirements.