- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Red Cross announces upcoming blood drives
Thursday, May 30, 2013 8:10 AM
In observance of World Blood Donor Day on June 14, the American Red Cross of Huntington County announces three upcoming blood drives.
• June 2 - A blood drive will be held from 7:15 a.m. to 12:15 p.m. at SS. Peter and Paul Catholic Church and School, 860 Cherry St., Huntington.
All donors will receive a cooler tote bag.
• June 6 - New Hope United Brethren Church will host a blood drive in its Family Life Center from 2 to 7 p.m.
The church is located at 2001 Engle St., Huntington.
• June 7 - From 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m., Parkview Huntington Hospital will host a blood drive in the lower level classrooms.
The hospital is located at 2001 Stults Rd., Huntington.
To schedule an appointment to donate call 800-733-2767 or visit redcross blood.org for more information.
Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in Indiana and Ohio), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
A Red Cross blood donor card or other form of ID is required before donating.