- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Local hospital guild elects officers for 2013
Monday, December 17, 2012 7:34 AM
The Parkview Huntington Hospital Guild has elected its leading officers for 2013.
Meeting on Nov. 27, President Phyllis Pieper presided over the elections process. Guild officers installed for 2013 include Vicki Patrick, president; Susan Smith, vice president; Phyllis Pieper, treasurer; and Pat Hall, secretary.
The PHH guild provides services to Parkview Huntington Hospital and its patients. The guild also assists the hospital in promoting the health and welfare of the community. The Guild's annual membership drive takes place in January. New members are always welcome.
The PHH Guild helped fund numerous projects in 2012 including:
• Personalized 5" x 7" picture frames, given to the parents of each new baby born in the PHH Family Birthing Center this year.
• Mammopad cushions, used during a 3-month trial for women having mammograms in the Diagnostics Department.
• Bicycle helmets, given to children in need at the annual bicycle safety rodeo.
• A color-coded pediatric crash cart for the Emergency Department.
• Gifts given to the PHH New Year baby.
• College scholarships for two young ladies.
The PHH Guild operates the Parkview Huntington Hospital Gift Shop, located near the hospital's main entrance. Proceeds from sales go toward projects such as those previously mentioned, as well as others brought to the Guild by department leaders from throughout the hospital. Gift shop hours are Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 6 p.m., and Saturday, noon to 3 p.m. The shop is open to the public.
Chad Owen, supervisor of flight and EMS services for the Parkview Samaritan program, also joined Guild members at the meeting, sharing facts about and photos of the program, now in its 23rd year.
The guild's next meeting will be Tuesday, Jan. 22, 2013, in the hospital's lower level classrooms. Visitors are welcome. For more information contact Judy Fitzmaurice, volunteer coordinator at PHH, at 355-3319.