- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Mittens for Millions collecting gently used, new gloves, hats for children
Monday, November 26, 2012 8:00 AM
Mittens for Millions is again collecting gently used or new gloves, mittens and hats for needy children.
Items are being collected at the following locations:
• Andrews Dairy Store, 155 N. Main St., Andrews.
• American Legion Post 85 in care of the Chad Clements Memorial Fund/Danielle Clements, 1410 S. Jefferson St., Huntington.
• Bloodlines Tattoo Shop, 701 W. State St., Huntington.
• The Huntington County TAB, 1670 Etna Ave., Huntington.
• J.D.'s Bar and Grill, 426 Warren St., Huntington.
• Cindy Sue's Upholstery, 335 E. Franklin St.
• Wings Etc., 317 Hauenstein Rd., Suite 106, Huntington.
The program is also seeking to donate some of the items to local foster homes, and is seeking information on this.
Corporate sponsorship opportunities are also available.
This year, the program has already collected items from as far away as New Jersey, Florida and Kentucky as well as 90 handmade matching gloves and hats from a volunteer at the Vietnam Vets Reunion in Kokomo.
Previous recipients include Huntington House, Love INC, New Hope Fellowship Soup Kitchen and the Boys and Girls Club of Huntington County.
For more information, contact Jeff Dyke at 786-1262, or visit the organization's Facebook page, www.facebook.com/Mit tens-For-Millions.