- About Us
- Make an Announcement
- Special Sections
- Bridal Showcase
- Conservation Section
- Tri-County Spring Farm Edition
- Senior Living
- Spring Home & Garden Edition
- Summer Recreation Guide
- Health & Wellness Edition
- Antiques Directory
- Tri-County Fall Farm Edition
- Annual Restaurant Guide
- Fall Home Improvement Edition
- Fall Car Care Edition
- Holiday Shopping Preview
Red Cross to have three blood drives in Huntington County
Monday, October 22, 2012 7:47 AM
The American Red Cross of Huntington County announces upcoming blood drives in the area:
• Nov. 1, from 2 p.m. until 6 p.m. at the Knight-Bergman Center in the Main Room, located at 132 S. Nancy St. in Warren.
• Nov. 12, from 1 p.m. until 7 p.m. at the Evangelical United Methodist Church in the Main Room, located at 1000 Flaxmill Rd. in Huntington. Visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code "evanumc" to schedule your blood donation appointment.
• Nov. 14, from 11 a.m. until 5 p.m. at Huntington University in the Dining Hall, located at 2303 College Ave. in Huntington. Come to donate and be entered into a drawing for a shopping spree. Visit www.redcrossblood.org and enter sponsor code "HU" to schedule your blood donation appointment.
To schedule an appointment to donate please call 1-800-RED CROSS (1-800-733-2767) or visit www.redcrossblood.org for more information.
Individuals who are 17 years of age (16 with parental permission in Indiana and Ohio), meet weight and height requirements (110 pounds or more, depending on their height) and are in generally good health may be eligible to donate blood.
A Red Cross blood donor card or other form of positive ID is required when you donate.
Platelet donors should also be aspirin-free for 48 hours.